Toddlers course - face to face course coming soon
See the webinar courses
Face to face classes with other mums, dads and grandparents with a toddler (2-3 years old).
- The course is a vehicle for children to learn to read and spell with confidence in an engaging context. This program takes the form of an enchanting journey adventure, in which the rules of reading and spelling are embedded in a story. The program utilises a sounds-based (phonics), approach to learning to read.
- Letters come alive in the form of birds and animals, whereby birds represent vowels and animals play consonants' role. You can help your toddler learn the critical fundamentals for reading, spelling and writing.
- Letters, otherwise rather bland and uninspiring, come alive by taking on animals and birds' personalities. It consists of stories in which different animals represent a letter of the alphabet, teaching children the 'building blocks' of reading and spelling through entertaining and engaging adventure stories.
- Areas covered –
- 1. Toddlers will learn to read the consonants, short, long vowel sounds and blended sounds.
- It utilises a series of images to teach this linguistic skill. For instance, Doctor Do Read and the animals play games, in which the rules of the games represent rules for reading and spelling long vowel sounds.
- 2. Toddlers learn how to say and spell blended sounds such as oi, er, ch, or, ar, oo, th, ng, ow and sh. Again, images convey this lesson. During a fishing holiday, the birds and animals hear and identify familiar sounds. Doctor Do Read carves out coconut shells to make blended sounds, and animals are paired off as they blow into the coconut shells to mimic these blended sounds.
- The program is broken into distinct learning stages to teach toddlers reading and spelling techniques progressively. Using a creative and entertaining approach.