The Presenter - Ian Moore
Awards. Ian’s peers presented him with the prestigious Fellowship from the Australian College of Educators for ‘Innovative Teaching in Business Studies and Economics to senior secondary students’. Recently, the Honorary Fellowship from Teachers’ Guild of New South Wales for ‘imaginative and dynamic approaches for learning HSC Business Studies.
Ian and conducted workshops at scores of conferences and schools including:
• Catholic Schools, Diocese of Lismore – Accredited workshops (Lismore 2014 and 2020).
• Economics and Business Educators of NSW- Student and teacher workshops (First event 1984 and most recent 2020).
• Metropolitan East Social Science Teachers Association.
• Australian College of Educators.
• State and private schools (Numerous workshops).
• NSW Teachers’ Guild – 5-hour accredited workshops (Sydney 2014).
• Business Educators of Australasia (Perth 2014).
• Queensland Economics Teachers’ Association.
• Business Educators of Australasia (Perth 2014).
- 1978–2020: (HOD Economics & Business Studies: 1984-2020).
- The content in the books and lectures have been shaped by Ian Moore's extensive knowledge and teaching experience. Ian has taught over one hundred Year 12 HSC Business Studies and Economics classes.
- He has guided twenty-four Economics and Business Studies students to finish within the ‘Top Ten’ of the State candidature for the subject in the New South Wales Higher School Certificate.
- This included a number of students who were awarded ‘First in the State’.
Business and Economic trends and case studies
Ian is across current Business and Economic trends and case studies through staging regular Question and Answer events. These innovative events have hosted Prime Ministers, CEOs of ASX listed companies, Governors of the Reserve Bank of Australia, Federal Ministers and Premiers. The answers by these prominent Australians have been incorporated in these books giving readers a competitive edge in the HSC. Click here to read more...
Tyrone M Carlin. Former Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Sydney
- “I was fortunate enough to have been one of Ian Moore’s Economics students. Though decades have passed since I enjoyed that privilege, I can still vividly recall the passion, fun and thrill of the classroom experience he created in each lesson and what strength of motivation for learning that provided. Educators like Ian Moore set a gold standard to which those whose calling it is to teach aspire.
- Through personal experience and through long subsequent reflection, I can attest that Ian's Creative approach is a powerful catalyst to learning. The learning approaches have been codified in such an engaging and accessible way that it is a great benefit of any student aspiring to high performance. I highly commend this work. It will be of enormous value as a learning tool for students and in the classroom.”
Tim Dixon. Founder of Leading Edge Education / Leading Edge Economics
“Being a student in Ian Moore’s Economics classes was a highlight of my school years. Ian has brought Economics to life for generations of students – and with Creative Economics, a new generation of students can benefit from his passion for his subject. Like his classroom lessons, Creative Economics is rich in innovative and unconventional learning techniques. This is a lifetime of classroom experience, distilled into the one book.”
Alexander Gow. Executive Director, Macquarie Bank
- ”For more than 30 years I’ve been encouraging Ian Moore to put together lectures and books. Students should be gratified that he finally has done so.
- In 1984 I was a struggling student with no interest in Economics or school. By the end of the year, thanks to similar techniques Ian offers today, I received a mark of 98 for 2 unit Economics and 49 (out of 50) for the 3 unit course. These marks are quite irrelevant, but what is important is that the foundations laid in those classes put me in a position to comfortably and confidently understand Business, Economics and complete exams in all subjects and set me on course for a career in the field. In my position as the Head of Foreign Exchange Forwards Division of Macquarie Bank, I can still on a daily basis recall some of the fundamentals instilled by Ian’s structures in the 1980s.
Alex Malley. Former Chief Executive CPA Australia Ltd
- To students – These courses and books share years of experience and passion that has helped many thousands of pupils on their way to outstanding careers. It will help you learn, focus, plan and succeed.
- To parents – our greatest joy is to see our children reach their potential – this guide will help them on their way to do that. Ian Moore and his long-standing works can be relied upon and trusted – he wants your children to be everything that you and they wish to be. Teachers are such an extraordinary resource for the community. When they maintain the passion for over 40 years, remain unstinting about their students' welfare and constantly drive you nuts talking about them you know you have met the consummate educator – his name is Ian Moore.
Spiro. Student 2020
- "Ian's passion and teaching methods transferred me from being an above-average student to an excelling student.
- Ian drummed into me a disciplined study system, a brilliant exam approach, and a unique memory system that helped me recall the syllabus."
Luke. Student 2020
- " I received a 97 ATAR. When I started the year 12, I thought I would receive an ATAR mark of 90 and, I even thought I was going to drop out in year 10. I am grateful for Ian’s approach for inspiring me." Ian's Study and exam skills lectures were invaluable.
Thomas. Student 2020
- "Ian exposed me to a unique method of mnemonic memory techniques. These memory techniques, study approaches and exam skills allowed me to dedicate time to answering past exam questions. I undertook a similar approach in my other subjects."
Joshua. Student 2020
- "I could easily access Ian's memory tricks in the HSC exam and link them to complex arguments."
Anthony Makragelidis. Band 6 Achiever
My experience with Creative Classroom’s HSC Business Studies has been incredibly rewarding! Its unique and innovative system of learning was refreshing and engaging and furthered my understanding of the requirements of the Business Studies course. The book teaches you the importance of time efficiency, in both exams and preparations, and effectively illustrates how to structure answers for the HSC paper. The pre-prepared plans to extended response questions were particularly useful! The book brought out my passion for Business Studies, and I would highly recommend it for anyone aspiring to achieve a high mark in the course and allows teachers to guide their students to exam success.